During my India visit, I happen to spend some time with a scientist. A scientist in his own thinking, and approach was this auto driver. It was an insightful discussion with this individual, and relate to his passion towards growing India.
This is a Muslim man, who is very passionate about our country, India, our prime minister Mr Modi, and future prospects.
One of the important things that he said is he believes in logic. Science is all about applying logic instead of blindly believing it.
Some of the logical explanations were:
- Were we monkeys, NO...Were their dianosours, NO. Human beings were never monkeys, or dinosaurs. Just that human beings were larger in size creatures, and with time their size
- Once he found someone who has been having medicines for past 3 months, and still having cold and fever. He asked a basic question - Do you sleep on the floor, do you take bath in the morning with cold water. And, there were reasons why he was not being cured quickly.
- Body is like a machine...It needs to be oiled, and nurtured. Sleep and Food provides the fuel to the body. It is important to take care of body the way you would take care of Car. Right amount of sleep is important. And right diet (quantity and content) is very important.
- There is one GOD, and that exists...Everybody else has expired...If something has expired, then it cannot be God. I will not get into further details here. But he has explanations around what exists even today, and that is permanent. And, that is GOD.
- He justifies why was it important to go away with Triple Talaq. This is not only good for Muslim women, it is equally good for Muslim me and in general for Muslim society. He gives kudos to PM Mr Modi on strongly implementing this. Other governments had a chance to do it several years ago, however they did not.
- He touched upon population control too. Does not agree with We "Two", and Our "One"...He wanted to at least keep it to "Two". He attributed several reasons to it. Primary being allowing two siblings be the support for each other, and also they can act as back-up to each other for ageing parents.
There are three key take always, and innovative solutions that he talked about:
- We all need to continue to learn and be in present times. Same applies to religious literatures...It needs to be updated based on current context.
- Today's Traffic problem can be resolved. He had several suggestions. His prime suggestion was to limit the cars based on how rich the person is. It must be on tax declarations. Allow only two cars, if his annual income is above Rs 10 lakhs...limit it to only 1 car, if it is between Rs 5 Lakhs and Rs 10 Lakhs...And, so on.
- To secure India, one needs to provide right salary to Police, and some of the key roles in middle income society such as watchman and drivers. Police definitely plays a key role in the society. Had it not been to Mumbai police, things would have been really bad in Mumbai with the population, and variety who lives in the city. He gives thumbs up to Mumbai police for doing their job so diligently. He also clearly articulated that some of the regular daily job earners watchman, drivers need to be paid adequate salary to not caught into corruption. They have extremely important role in securing the society.
- Employment Generation would not be a bigger problem in India. There are ways to generate employment. His biggest suggestion was to implement three shifts. Instead of 8 hours shift including lunches and breakfast time; limit a shift to only 6 hours. A shift should be rigorous without having lunches, breakfast...That way you can introduce three shifts in the day, or four shifts if it is 24 hour working office.
He anyways concludes that Mr Modi is the best PM that India can have...It is after a long time, that our country has gotten a world level leader. He also says, that we being a democratic country; we need to have a next rung of competing leaders..So, it is time either Rahul steps up as a leader, and passes the baton to another qualified leader in Congress party.